Onion is one of the most important agricultural product of Africa. Every year millions of tons of onion is produced in the African region. These onions are used for various reasons but before they hit the market they should be stored safely. Carelessness in the storage of onions can result in damage of the onion and cause huge loss of money. Although, Onion Storage Humidity Control is considered relatively easy one should not forget to take certain safety measures during the storage of onion. Temperature and humidity are the two things to be considered during Onion Storage Humidity Control. Our company Vacker Africa has been providing different models of Dehumidifiers to control the humidity level in the storage area of onions. Our products are available in different countries of Africa such as Kenya, Djibouti, Nigeria, Angola, Chad, South Africa, Morocco, Ghana, Congo-Pacific, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, etc.
Points to consider during Onion Storage Humidity Control
- The onion to be stored should be completely matured during harvest.
- The temperature should generally be maintained from 25 to 32 degree Celsius when onion is stored for around 4 months. For longer periods, the temperature should be maintained around 20 degree Celsius.
- Humidity should be low.
- The storage area should also be fit for the variety of the onion to be stored.
- The storage place should have some amount of light.
Model TTR 400
Since, the humidity to be maintained in the storage area of the onion should be pretty low, it is better to use an appropriate model of dehumidifier for the storage of onions. Many storage and cold rooms are using our dehumidifier for the dehumidification process. There are various models of Dehumidifiers available. Generally, desiccant dehumidifiers are used for such purposes. One of the very popular desiccant dehumidifier is Model TTR 400 that Vacker Africa supplies to major regions.
Some of the features of the model are as follows:
- It comes with a compact design and its light weight makes it very easy to carry from one place to another.
- The performance ratio of the device is very high when compared to the size of the device.
- It is easy to maintain and clean.
- The proper air volume control of the device contributes to the optimum adjustment of dry and wet air.
- When more than one device is used, the space can be saved by stacking the device one over another.
- The device is the product of Trotec, Germany.
- The Dehumidification Performance of this device is Maximum of 28.8 Liters per day.
- It is appropriate for the dehumidification for minimum air volume of 130 cubic meters per hour.
- It is appropriate for the dehumidification for maximum air volume of 450 cubic meters per hour.
- The external compression is only 150Pa.
- The inlet pipe diameter is only 125mm.
- It requires electric circuit of 230 volt and 50-60 HZ frequency.
- It can effectively operate in temperature range of -15 degree Celsius to +35 degree Celsius.
- The power of the device is 1.35 KW.
- It only produces sound of 63 decibel which is relatively low.
- It weighs only about 17 kg during the time of its packaging and hence is easy to transfer from one place to another.
- The size of the device is 400mm × 350mm × 405mm.